Gold Dipped Feather Earrings - Wire Coiling




Gold Dipped Feather Earrings
Yes they are real feathers! The feathers go though an electroplating process where a thick layer of 24k gold adheres to a coating of brass over the feather resulting in a real feather with Gold Overlay. I think these feathers are H-O-T!
I decided my own jewelry collection was becoming sparse -since I sell what I make- and made a pair just for myself. It must have been great advertising because I received orders for TWO more pairs of earrings. I have one pair of feathers remaining. I am wondering if they will ever make it to my Etsy shop?

If you would like to nab the last pair contact me though Etsy click here to contact me.

In addition to earrings I am also using the Gold Overlay Feathers in a few necklaces. These feathers are not matched pairs and are longer than the ones I am using for the earrings. Please take a peek on my Facebook Fan Page. Let me know what you think of the feathers.

About the wire coiling. I have been twirling these babies by hand for awhile now. I thought there must be a better way - without spending a fortune. I figured it out. The results are impeccable with a little practice. Stay tuned for a tutorial on making a coil, using another wire as the mandrel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog