Yesterday at the Talmadge Art Show

The Talmadge Art Show held , November 23, was filled with lots of interesting treasures.

There were many artists with great works for sale. To my right was a woman who did awesome silver smithing. I watched so many attendants touch this super long and weighty handmade sterling silver chain all day long. The amount of work that went into the chain must have been immense.

To my left was a woman who made her own lampwork beads....wow! I only look at the stuff to make it in the Rio Grande catalog and wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.

Behind me was a woman who took vintage parts and made jewelry, Lizzie B. I got a Christmas present for myself there. A cute bracelet made out of old typewriter keys which spelled out PEACE. Her concept was kind of Steampunk, which I think is so cool. I couldn't bear to deck myself or my house out living that lifestyle, but I really appreciate the whole concept of it. Love IT!

Across from me was an artist, Anesart, who made these great fairy men who had hose nozzles for U KNOW WHATS. They were a hoot! I wondered around an happened upon a gal who made hand painted purses. Sounds weird, but they were quite lovely ....www.marionrenee.com
I could have spent all my earning in one day.

I did this show last November as well. I remember line for check out at one point was really long. (They lined up past my table) This year though, the line never got long. The checkers move pretty quickly at the show..so I am chalking it up to the economy. Interestingly, I noticed folks at my table were making much smaller purchases than they did last year. People were buying gifts again but they were smaller than last year. Much smaller. Did anyone else out there notice this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog